Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Not Your Babe, Fernando...

Seriously Nando? I know this is a bit behind, but how the hell did this happen? Fernando Torres submitted a transfer request for Chelsea... AND we accepted? I guess 50M pounds is too much to turn down. I think it is at least. The guy hasn't been healthy for a full season yet in the prem league. I doubt he will be for his entire five years at Chelsea. Can I say fingers crossed there? Do I hope the guy is on the trainers table? Well... do you want the truth? No. I don't. But I also hope that Liverpool wins a title before Chelsea wins one.

The move just doesn't make sense to me. Chelsea are a team on the decline. They are old. There wages are holding back their expectations to meet the new FIFA fair play rules, meaning they may not even play in Europe in a couple years. You hear that Nando? Do you understand that?


WTF??? IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?

They aren't contending for the league this year and they haven't looked all that great in cup play either. I just don't get it. I watched Torres' interview with ChelseaTV. He looks miserable. It really does look like he just made a mistake and is now realizing it. He just doesn't have the same excitement as when he first signed for Liverpool. It has to be an uncomfortable feeling to leave for the money to a team like Chelsea. In one years time, Liverpool could be top 4 and Chelsea could be a mid table team. Age catches up to a squad fast.

Have fun Nando. It was fun a couple years. I bet you'll be begging to be back at the Merseyside within three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment